Monday 8 June 2009

Wooden Pigs - The Winchester, Bournemouth 06/06/09

I'll be honest, this is my cousin's band and that's why I went to see them. I knew they liked Kings of Leon a lot so I wasn't expecting it to be my bag, and it wasn't really my bag, but it was a good bag nonetheless. A bag that a lot of people would love, I'm sure.

This was a charity gig and to please the crowd they played a bunch of Kings of Leon covers in amongst their own stuff, which was uneccessary really, because as far as I could tell, their stuff was better than the KoL stuff. The band has all the elements in place, pretty much. A solid rhythm section, a talented guitarist and a singer with just the right amount of attitude. It's all there and if they can find their own voice just a little bit more then they could do really well I reckon, selling their bag in all good retailers nationwide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to see them a number of times and I honestly believe they're by far the best band in bournemouth, and easily one of the best upcoming bands in britain. Every gig is a knockout. I've watched them transform and improve dramatically over the last year, and now with trendier hair cuts, tighter trousers and an attractive myspace makeover, I would say these boys are ready to be discovered- and i have no doubt what so ever that this is going to be an amazing year for them.